So recently Patrick and I have had more work than we can handle. Some days that’s amazing, other days, we want to stay in bed, put my head under the covers, and go back to sleep in hopes we wake up and everything is back to easy! (Where’s the easy button when you really need it!?)
Work is exhausting, but Passion keeps you moving forward. We decided it was time to bring on another assistant because while we love what we do, we need some extra help here and there. Sarah first, now Jess. Thanks to the Stevenson University Job Inquiry Portal, Jess found us, and we are forever grateful and thankful for this woman. She fits our personalities and company so well, and we are better because of her!
Jess, we are honored to have you on board! See her intro below!
Patrick & Maggie
Hey there Radiant Brides! I’m Jess, Living Radiant’s new intern. Here’s a little about me.
Maryland is my home base, but I have lived in Alaska, Massachusetts, Virginia, Texas, and various towns in Maryland including Bel Air, Towson, Germantown, and Baltimore City. Texas was my favorite place to live – great weather, people, and academics in the public school system. My father’s military career brought us back to Maryland when I began 3rd grade. My passion for photography developed in my teenage years and was incorporated into my graphic design projects throughout my undergraduate years. I’m a jack of all trades with a Bachelor degree in Graphic Design and I am graduating in Spring 2016 with a Masters degree in Computer Science focused in Software Engineering. You guessed it- I’m a total nerd! As a self-proclaimed IT specialist, I thrive on problem solving and fixing computers. I love new challenges, whether or not it has to do with technology or programming. I’m excited to see what new challenges Maggie and Patrick have in store for me.
I became part of the Living Radiant “Dream Team” about a month ago and Maggie and Patrick have proven to be truly admirable business owners, mentors, and creatives. They radiate positive energy and uplift the spirits of anyone in their presence. In fact, Maggie and Patrick are the most radiant people I know which parallels their radiantly booming photography business that has been recognized as one of Baltimore’s top 10 photographers. That’s quite an achievement! It’s no wonder, though, because Maggie and Patrick are personable, full of joy, selfless and they are extremely passionate about what they do.
They’re invested in building a unique relationship with each client and with other creatives in the business. I wasn’t aware of how much work goes on behind the scenes when operating a weddingphotography business until I met Maggie and Patrick. When you’re a wedding photographer, you’re not just a photographer – you’re a best friend, a counselor, a support team, and sometimes even a wedding planner. I had the opportunity to experience my first wedding from Living Radiant’s point of view in July. It was an intimate wedding at the Havre De Grace lighthouse. Although it was a smaller ceremony, there was still an incredible amount of work to be done. There were also some obstacles that Maggie and Patrick resolved graciously together.
Simply spending time with Maggie and Patrick has not only made me a better person, but I have learned so much about life, religion, and happiness. They are two of the most kind, caring, and generous people with the biggest hearts. Everything they put out into the Universe is positive and will make its way back to them, like a boomerang.
1. Name: Jess
2. Age: 26
3. Camera Brand of Choice: Canon, of course! 😉
4. Favorite Lens: 24-70mm f2.8
5. Favorite Things To Do: Photography is number one passion, but I love hiking and being outside in Mother Nature. I find myself particularly attracted to trees. I’m in awe staring at their large trunks and textured bark. Trees are one of my favorite things to paint and to photograph.
6. Least Favorite Thing To Do: My least favorite thing to do is to shovel snow, especially when I have to dig my car out. So, if we get caught in a snowstorm, I will most likely bribe you to shovel me out. During the winter, you’ll find me cuddled up next to the fire with a cup of hot chocolate before you’ll find me with a shovel in my hand.
7. Unique Facts About Yourself: People always find it interesting that I was born in Alaska, but what’s more intriguing is that my last name is Rudolph (like the red nosed reindeer) and I was literally born next to the North Pole, in Fairbanks. While I’m no fisherman, I can clean, gut, and fillet fish pretty well and without feeling queasy.